Condo Questions: Owners should insure against loss of rental income

Q: My condo unit has been under repair for the past two months due to water seepage. During this time, my tenant has been unable live in the bedroom due to the mould, repairs and cleaning, so I have suffered loss of rental income. I understand that the board is directly covering the cost of the repairs, as water seepage is not covered by the condo’s insurance. Since the board is responsible for keeping the common property in good repair to prevent these kinds of events, I am requesting that my loss of income be reimbursed ($900 per month, prorated for the duration of the bedroom being uninhabitable). I have personally insured my condo for loss-of-income but water seepage is an uninsurable loss, so my only recourse is to seek these costs through the board. What do you think?

Read more: