Gross domestic product, income and expenditure, second quarter 2017

Real gross domestic product (GDP) rose 1.1% in the second quarter, following a 0.9% gain in the first quarter. The cumulative growth in the first two quarters of the year (+2.0%) was the strongest since 2002 (+2.1%). Household final consumption expenditure and exports of goods were important contributors to second quarter growth.

Read more: